6.1.09

Immoral Adapters!


This sounds insane. I agree with most of it, but feel they are going a little far when they describe them as "possible immoral".

Oddly enough, I recently discovered that you can't buy "piggyback" plugs to put on electrical appliances anymore. You know the ones with a socket on the back of the plug?

You can still buy extension cables with these plugs moulded on the end, but you can't buy one by itself.

Why?

Because some twit put piggyback plugs on BOTH ends of an extension cord and accidentally killed himself when he picked up the live pins at one end.

Personally, I think this is Darwinism in effect. He was clearly too stupid to live and has done us all a favour by removing himself from the gene pool.

Unfortunately, the government decided that we are all that stupid and banned them outright.

As a result, I own a LOT of double adapters.

I also salvage piggyback plugs whenever I see a broken device that has one of these plugs on its cord.

No comments: