12.1.07

Iraq Petition



I don't know about you, but I was pretty disgusted but Bush's new plan for Iraq. Watching the announcement yesterday, I could not believe what I was hearing. I'm no international affairs expert (despite the fact I can talk some serious shit on the subject if roused), but I'm pretty sure this was the same revised plan the US used in Vietnam... and we all know how that worked out.
Yeah, I'm sure this is only gonna make things worse.

Fortunately, I got an e-mail from the "move on" organisation this morning, linking to a petition they are running in an effort to have the new policy blocked. It's not a huge thing to do, but at least it is something that can be done.

Here's the link:
Petition
Head on over and add your name if you feel in any way strongly.
Heck, it can't hurt, can it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOGA! TOGA! TWO THOUSAND!

Anonymous said...

they should quadruple the amount !! you'll be singing a diffeent tune I bet when they start blowing shit up in your home town..