21.11.06

Not what you want to see when you come back to your computer.


I have had nothing but trouble with this computer. I purchased it secondhand when, while working on the "Believe In" music video, my older computer could on longer handle all the video streams and windows I was using. Shortly after starting use of this new machine, it started crashing whenever I tried to render footage. After weeks of lost time and calls to the LA firm who made the proprietory video card in it, it was established that I needed to downgrade my software and OS to a version the now "legacy" card supported. I did so and all was sweet... until the start of the next project, when the inexplicable crashes returned. This week, I finally pulled the damn card out of the machine once and for all. This seemed to fix the problem... until today. Now, here I am, three crashes later and ready to smash the whole thing. I can feel another reinstall looming.
Sod everything.

No comments: